The Jes Foord Foundation supports the survivors of rape, molestation and sexual assault. We do this by providing compassionate support, as well as in-depth trauma counselling to help them on their journey of healing.
Our work, however, goes beyond supporting victims. We strive to address the problem itself: the prevalence of rape in our society. We therefore also inform, create awareness and change attitudes through our advocacy and educational programmes.
- Free trauma counselling sessions in Kloof, Glenwood and Marianhill, Kwazulu-Natal
- Awareness Impact Programme – a 6-week course offered to learners from grade 6 to 9 at schools in Kwazulu-Natal
- The Handbag Support Project that delivers rape comfort bags - containing survival essentials for rape victims - to crisis centres across South Africa
- The Young Men’s Mentorship Programme - a 3-day camp for 30 to 40 young men, between Grades 9 and 11, aimed at instilling healthy, positive leadership qualities
- School talks across South Africa to educate learners about rape